Vision of Alma Tierra’s Center
“A site of radical transformation where the ghost river, the river of the past, flows through the open heart and is articulated in a new way. The intersection of the sky and the earth, the horizontal and the vertical that gives access to the meridians and the circulation of energy in the global body “
– The I Ching
The Alma Tierra Center is a wonderful and much alive place, located in the heart of nature where we are creating a place of human transformation and a new model of life. It consist of a space inspired by the way of life of indigenous peoples and their medicine, as well as permaculture, the evolution of consciousness and deep ecology. It is a place to learn how to live together in a truly ecological, deeply nourishing and positive way with this earth and with all our relationships. A place of healing, ceremonies, celebration and unity in diversity. A place of human transformation towards prosperity in positive synergy with our environment; for us, our children and future generations. A place where we experience how to live in a new way that makes sense to us; a place where joy, cooperation, friendship and love flourish.
This call you?
Join us to manifest this vision!
“The place where the myth of change takes form, the new story of time.”- The I Ching
Somewhere, there are people
to whom we can speak with passion
without having the words catch in our throats.
Somewhere a circle of hands will open to receive us,
eyes will light up as we enter,
voices will celebrate
with us whenever
we come into our own power.
Community means strength that joins us our strength
to do the work that needs to be done.
Arms to hold us when we falter.
A circle of healing. A circle of friends.
we can be free.
Objectives of the Alma Tierra Center
Creating a place of learning and human harmony that offers a path towards a truly ecological and deeply nourishing way of life, integrating and sharing Alma Tierra’s vision. A model of life possible for all and for future generations.
This place is to be:
– A center, spaces of teaching and learning: a holistic experience based on understanding and connection with the wild, free and sacred nature of life and the universe; through deep ecology and the interrelation of beings. A site that offers a concrete experience to discover our way of life and co-create a world of resilience, regeneration, peace, emancipation, joy and love.
– Inspired by the lifestyle of indigenous peoples, permaculture and deep ecology.
– An Ecologically, Artistic, Sacred, Alive, Resilient and Regenerating site for humans and the earth.
– With constructions made of natural materials taken on the spot and built with beauty, imagination and creativity – with great respect for the land.
– A living place where music, art, poetry, games and celebrations will be an integral part of the experience and of the system.
– An open and welcoming place for all generations, as well as for travelers, students, researchers, tourists, the local people, and the national and international community.
– In the long term the vision is to create new places inspired by this center that will form a larger community; To then, share their skills, knowledge, assets, celebrations, wisdom and diversity. Spaces that will be a living demonstration of the possibility of living in a humble, comfortable, deeply ecological and truly nourishing way.
Aspect of the Alma Tierra Project
– Connecting with the elements of the natural world, to remind ourselves and become aware that they are integral parts and essential to the ecosystem of the planet and, to foster our link with each of these elements. –
EARTH: Food and Habitat
Permaculture, agroecology, food forests and bio-constructions are the pillars of the Alma Tierra Center. These widely recognized design methods draw on the ways of nature to think and organize human and productive systems. They involve a global vision and are based on a systemic approach to processes and create places where humans have mutually beneficial relationships with their environment, as indigenous peoples have done for a very long time. The goal is to enable individuals to work with nature to develop more autonomous, sustainable, resilient, nurturing and beneficial human relationships and habitats in harmony with the land.
AIR: Communication and Education.
In our view, communication is one of the keys to peace and harmony among humans. We teach communication techniques that have demonstrated a powerful positive impact around the world for decades. These forms of communication are focused on connection, kindness, empathy and non-violence. These include Marshall Rosenberg’s “Nonviolent Communication”, Conscientia Conscientious Communication and Mediation, Dominic Barter’s “Restorative Circles”, Starhawk’s “Healthy Communications Pathways” and the practice of philosophy for children of Frédéric Lenoir and Martine Roussel-Adam. We pass on these lessons through participatory intergenerational education based on the direct experience and daily application of these tools.
Water: Healing and Well-being.
It is by unifying contemporary approaches and ancestral knowledge that we work to guide people in the transition from suffering to happiness. Through these methods, we offer spaces to help processes of transformation and evolutions focused on the healing and well-being of the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual body. It is through nature retreats, individual or group accompaniment, indigenous ceremonies such as sweat lodges, massage therapy and yoga that we create ideal conditions to journey and take root for a new life, better self-knowledge and lasting happiness.
FIRE: Celebration and Gathering.
At the Alma Tierra Center, it is with all generations that we celebrate the cycle of the seasons. We organize gathering, congresses and festivals in relation with the challenges of the current global situation (climate change, deforestation, desertification, mass migration, declining health in industrialized countries, pollution, ocean acidification, depletion of natural resources, etc.) and the sustainable and truly ecological solutions to these challenges. Permaculture, bio-construction, decay, social movement, holistic health, knowledge of indigenous peoples, evolution of consciousness, culture and legislation at the service of the earth and all living things, eco-villages and intentional communities. We also wish to be a place serving the territory, rooted in local life by offering the neighboring population a soothing and natural setting for the organization of recreational or cultural gatherings.
SPIRIT: Mind-Fullness and Spirituality.
Mindfulness consists of an understanding and a right vision, a right thought and emotion, a right word and a right action. It is an essential factor for the release of suffering and the feeling of loneliness. Mindfulness leads to a reduction of stress, it is also used as a means of prevention and cure of depression. It consists of examining matter (especially the body), perceptions, positive or negative mental habits, consciousness, how all things appear, how they last, and how they disappear. It leads to this experience of unity, presence and peaceful joy with the beings, the world and the universe in which we live. To move forward on this path, we live and share teachings such as meditation and processes of spiritual consciousness practiced for thousands of years by the great wisdoms of the world and indigenous peoples.